Wednesday, January 14, 2009

What not to do to a deaf child...

I just put Justin down to bed after reading scriptures with him and the last 5 chapters of Magic Treehouse #13. He for some reason desperately needed some hot wheels he left in a Wal-mart bag- not to play with, just to have. I wasn't buying that. I said I would look for them, but he needed to go to sleep. Seconds later he needed to go to the bathroom again. As he was headed back to his room, I sensed he was not going straight there. I came out of my room and grabbed him from behind. I am not kidding; he screamed for a whole 30 seconds. Ear-splitting, terrified screaming. He didn't hear me coming up behind him since his implant wasn't on. I guess he didn't notice the floor vibrations from my footsteps. Poor kid. I think I've traumatized him for life. But I bet he'll think twice before sneaking out of his bed to look for hot wheels again.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Becca and Ben - My family has been gone for almost a week and even though I am 26 and have lived alone basically for 3 1/2 years now, I was in need of a good family moment! The card games hit the spot! Becca, you are so inspired! It seems the Lord likes to use you to fill up my bucket. Thank you for the great evening! I love who you both are and what you stand for!
    Love,
    "2's & 10's" girl - ha ha :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, though traumatizing for the poor kid, that is hilarious. Tell him his favorite aunt (with the purple glasses) loves him.

    ReplyDelete