Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A free-verse poem by Hannah Larson

I race to the branchy tree,
As I sink my claws into the bark,
I climb limb over limb,
And rest by some singing larks.

I look over the world,
As I sigh with a purr,
I bat playfully,
At a small, blue bird.

I yawn as big as I can,
Showing all my sharp teeth,
And settle comfortably,
With the wind whoosing by my ears.

I settle my head,
And fall into the deepest sleep,
Dreaming of chasing mice,
And a bird to keep.

8 comments:

  1. I found this poem moving and delightful. For one second, I wished my self a cat. Hannah should for sure continue in her writings. Simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty darn good. I still remember some of the poems I wrote in middle school. They were awful. Thank goodness Hannah's got a little more talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is Hannah, and I wrote that poem as a part of my poetry unit. I got a 100% on that beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah is so talented. Nice poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great poem! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah,you are a talented poet!


    - Your sis. SARAH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Hannah,

    This is James. I would just like to comment on your great use of alliteration and rhyming. Very good, I could hear the wind whooshing and see the cat showing his sharp teeth. I would have given it 100% as well. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found a link to your blog on Kathy's.
    I'm so impressed with Hannah - what an amazing poem.
    We'll have to give you a call and visit in December if you are in Utah when we are (we don't have our tickets yet). I love your family!

    ReplyDelete